Ornamec Over-the-Top Herbicide
Ornamec Over-The-Top Grass Herbicide provides outstanding postemergence control of unwanted grasses in groundcovers, shrubs and trees. And the majority of the nearly 500 species and varieties of plants on the label may be treated with Ornamec applied over-the-top*. Some species or varieties of ornamentals require that Ornamec be applied as a directed spray in order to minimize phytotoxicity. Ornamec also takes out unwanted bermudagrass without injury to desirable tall fescue and zoysia turf.
There are over 30 grass weed species listed on the label. You'll find many common types of unwanted annual grasses: crabgrass, barnyardgrass, goose grass, foxtail, sandbur, panicum. Also, few herbicides are as effective as Ornamec against hard-to-control perennial grasses. Quack grass, bermudagrass and torpedo grass are examples. Another is johnsongrass which is controlled in both rhizome and seedling stages.
- Selectively controls emerged annual grasses panicum, goosegrass, crabgrass, foxtail, sandbur and barnyardgrass
- Also controls perennial grasses such as bermuda grass, quackgrass, torpedograss and johnsongrass
- "Over-the-top" applications on most ornamentals - shrubs, ground covers, trees, flowers and wildflowers listed on the label
- May be used on and around newly-emerging ornamentals as well as transplants
- Treated grass ceases growth in as little as 48 hours
- Grass death in 1 to 3 weeks
- Rain-fast 1 hour after application
- Selective removal of bermudagrass from zoysia and tall fescue turf
Click below for the following: